Teaching is Worth the Chalk

Monday, July 30, 2012

Three more weeks of work at the bank!  I’m glad to have had a place with First Farmers for the past year and a half, but I’m looking forward to getting back to what I really enjoy doing: teaching.  I’ve tried to do other things in my life, but I keep coming back to the fact that I’m just a born teacher. 
I decided when I was four years old that I would be a teacher someday—at the time, it was because I wanted to get to write on a chalkboard.  Now, that’s the thing I like least about it; chalkboards give me the creeps.  I live in fear of accidentally touching my fingernail to a board.  That reminds me; I need to see if I can find one of those chalk holders that some of my teachers used to write with.  Maybe that would make it a little better!  When I taught in China before, the chalk we were supplied with was brittle; it would break easily if you wrote too enthusiastically.  My students would laugh when I would say, three or four times every class period, “I hate chalk!!”  I’m dreaming of having a classroom with power point capability, but I know not to get my hopes up. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment