Good Times in the Library

Friday, January 18, 2019


The library is becoming a popular hangout spot in the afternoon after classes finish at 3:30.  Students come to read, study, take out text books, use my markers, tape, scissors, etc, and most importantly to them, listen to music.  I have a playlist of songs that I play.  It's a struggle to find songs that they like but that are clean enough to not be frowned upon at a Christian school.  

I hit gold when I found Lecrae, though--he's a Christian rapper whose music is clean with good messages, while not being overtly about religion.  I happened across the song "I'll Find You" last term when I needed an example of rap music for a class activity, and they all were immediately obsessed with it.  That obsession has not ended; I still hear it two or three times a day most days.  I later got his album Let the Trap Say Amen, which has been very popular with the students.  They also really love Charlie Puth's song "One Call Away" and thankfully, we share a taste for Pentatonix.  If any of you know of any pop or rap songs that are clean and enjoyed by teenagers, let me know!  

Salum has taken the roll of 'Keeper of the Speaker' today, and is enjoying himself thoroughly.

Charles saw that I was taken a few pictures and decided to be a ham.






0 comments:

Post a Comment