August 10: Flying

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

12:51 a.m. US central time,  7:51 a.m Belgium time

We're about an hour out of Brussels.  As I thought, our night wasn't long.   We left Chicago O'Hare at a little after six Monday night.   We flew over Battle Creek and Lansing (or was it Detroit--I'll have to check the map) and then over Canada.  It got dark while we flew over Canada, probably by 7:30 central time. We crossed New York state and then the Atlantic.  Somewhere below the clouds we are now flying over Dover and London.  We noticed the sun was rising at 11:40 Tennessee time (I'm not sure exactly what time zone we were in at the time).  So, a four-hour night.  Most of the windows are open now and they're serving breakfast.  It's been a very good flight--the staff has been nice and have been good to serve drinks.  The inflight movies were Hidalgo and Under the Tuscan Sun.  I have been wanting to see the second, but I ended up watching most of the first and only seeing the second without bothering to plug my headphones in.  It would probably be a good movie--I enjoyed what I saw of it, but I just wasn't in the mood to get involved in another story right then.   Meghan taught me to play back alley bridge, and we played half a game of that as the sun came up.  Now shes taking a nap; I could probably sleep if I really wanted to, but usually I'm better off in situations like this if I don't sleep.  I just finished of the last of my chocolate, so I should be good for a while.  I'm listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd (Thyrty) at the moment.


0 comments:

Post a Comment