Taking the Scenic Route

Friday, August 31, 2018


Hello everyone!  Sorry this post is coming a bit later than you might have expected it.  I thought I’d have wifi more often than it has turned out while I was in Italy.  (Although I’m posting this a few days later than when I originally wrote it, I’m backdating it.)


For those of you confused about why I’m mentioning Italy when you know I’m moving to Tanzania, let me explain:  From 2006 to 2009, I worked in Italy, mostly in the Via del Bollo church in Milan along with the Short family. They have now been in Tanzania for four years, and I am joining them there now.  They have found that for very close to the same price as flying directly to Tanzania, it is possible to break up the trip by stopping in Europe. So, they generally stop in Italy to visit the church there and all of our friends there, so I did so as well.


This was the first time in the nine years since I left Milan that I have had the chance to return;
when I left, I thought within a year or two at the most I would find a way back to see everyone, but then
I took a job in China, and it never worked out.  I have kept up with several people on facebook, but it’s
not the same as seeing them in person, so I’m grateful for this opportunity.

I’ll be in Italy until the 4th, when I will fly together with the Shorts to Tanzania, via a layover in Ethiopia.  






0 comments:

Post a Comment