Another Chapter Closes

Friday, August 17, 2012


Today was my last day with the bank!  The thought of this day has got me through the irritable Mondays, the boring Thursday afternoons, and the chaotic Saturdays, but now that it's here, it doesn't seem quite real.  It just feels like I'm on vacation so far.

My coworkers organized a pizza party for lunch for my farewell party, and were generally crazy all day.  We entertained ourselves by hiding one of the security chips from the meat department in Jo's things, so that she'd set off the alarms every time she went out the door.  Unfortunately, it only worked about every other time, so she didn't notice the pattern until India gave up and told her.  Jo's been threatening to duct tape me to my chair so I can't leave, but she decided not to as it might look a bit incriminating on the security cameras.

I got several emails and phone calls from other branches as well, and Judy stopped by.  It was nice to know that I was appreciated.  There were a lot of things I liked about working for the bank; one of the best parts was that it was the sort of job that, once you've clocked out, is over.  There's nothing to take home, even if I wanted to.  Teaching is never over.  There's always something you could be doing: lessons to plan, papers to grade, students to assess. 

As we were leaving for the day, we got Dylan, one of the Kroger employees, to take some pictures of us in front of the branch.  We were joking and laughing so loudly that most of the Kroger employees were looking at us anyhow.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment