Happy Halloween!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween, everyone!  To tell you the truth, it doesn't feel much like Halloween today; I'm celebrating plenty this year but not on the actual day.  The Halloween get-together was last weekend; I'm dressing up and showing pictures in my writing classes, but that's on Monday and Thursday.  However, it's a beautiful, sunny, pleasantly cool day; I even got to spend a few hours of it outside talking to a Chinese friend, Jay.  I didn't want to come back inside, but I had a lot I needed to get done. (I might as well have stayed out, I still didn't get anything done.)

Another good point of the day: I finally found postcards with pictures of this campus!  I haven't been to any of the major tourist sights in Wuhan, so I've been having trouble finding any, but there they were--right in the display case of just by the entrance to the grocery store I go to all the time.  Had they always been there??  So, I'm writing postcards and hope to get them sent off soon, so those of you who I promised postcards to can watch your mailbox.  Well, don't start just yet; it might take a couple of weeks for them to make it over there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment