Waiting at the Gate

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Looking back at the school gate from the road.

I'm leaving work before dark! It doesn't happen often, as I usually stay at the school to keep the library open until the students go to dinner at 6:30, and it gets dark pretty quick after that.  Today, though, I really needed to run some errands in town, including buying fruit and vegetables at the market, which closes at dark, so I managed to escape a bit early.  It wasn't easy; anytime the students see me packing up they suddenly have ten more questions and three more urgent crises, which is why I usually leave while they're eating. I did it, though!  It was a beautiful evening, so I took a few pictures as I waited out by the road for my boda boda (motorcycle taxi).

Looking down the road towards town.
Looking up the road, up the mountain to Monduli Juu.

0 comments:

Post a Comment