Car Wash!

Wednesday, April 08, 2020


Well, yesterday I wrote about how muddy the car was after the trip to Moshi and the flooded and muddy roads of Monduli last night.  Well, several of the students have been dropping by my house to say hi or texting me regularly because they're bored and miss the social network that being in a boarding school provided.  I was chatting with one of my coworkers, Oscar, on Whatsapp this morning and I joked that the next student who bothered me was going to be put to work.  It didn't take long--I hadn't even finished my conversation with him before my phone rang.  I sent out a message to a Whatsapp group of local students, too, and quickly ended up with four boys.



I pulled the car outside the gate to the gravel area at the edge of the road.  Much to their disappointment, I moved the car myself and didn't let any of them touch the keys.  None of them have a license or have really learned to drive yet, but they are eager to try.  It's a bit of a narrow fit pulling out of my driveway, though, and it's not my car, so I said no. 

I sat out buckets, rags, brushes and laundry detergent to use as soap, and they got to work.  It didn't take long before the car was looking much, much better! Look, it really is silver!





The finished car, mud free!  The four boys are Salum's friend (Izaki I think, but I don't remember for sure), and my students Salum, Mathayo and Paulo.  




0 comments:

Post a Comment