Lunchtime

Tuesday, March 02, 2021


Lunchtime at the school! I needed to find someone today at lunchtime, so I went up to the dining hall.  I had my phone with me, so I got a few pictures of a typical Tuesday lunch.  Above, the students were being silly in the dish-washing room (students have to wash their own dishes).  Below, the cooks serve up a bit bowl for each table, and then one person gets the bowl for their table and spoons the food into everyone's dishes.  Today, we have ugali and beans. 





Above: How did Juma get the whole pot of beans? Below: you can use a spoon, or if you don't have a spoon (it's unbelievable how many spoons students are capable of somehow losing), it's also normal here to make a ball out of ugali with your fingers and dip it in the beans (or whatever you're eating the ugali with).  




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment