Yardwork and Chocolate Cake

Monday, March 29, 2021

I recently wrote about how some of the boys who graduated last year came to visit me. When they visited, they saw that the weeds in my yard were getting out of hand. I usually hire some students during school holidays to clean the weeds out because there are always students needing some pocket money, but it's been awhile since a school holiday! They said they'd come back on the weekend and help, and they wouldn't take any payment. 

Four of them were free the day they decided to come, so it didn't take too long. They were almost finished, just leaving a couple of piles that needed to be carried out, when the rain hit. It's still rainy season here, so it can come quickly and with a vengeance! It was pouring, so everyone ran for the house. 

Since they had said they wouldn't take payment for helping me, I made them a chocolate cake to say thank you, so we sat around eating cake and listening to music until the rain finally slowed and they were able to walk back into town. I did worry a bit about Bahati's blood sugar...he ate three big pieces of cake and four pineapple sodas. I think he bounced all the way home... 


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment