Belated Birthday Cake

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Micah is one of those people who keeps his birthday quiet; I only found out last year because I just happened to get curious and ask, and it turned out that it was his birthday that very day.  What are the odds?? Well, I guess I can answer that, 1 in 365, I suppose.

This year I intended to annoy him by whispering the secret to all our friends so they could embarrass him in song and also make a cake. Well, the cake part didn't embarrass him, he even specified that he wanted chocolate. 

Unfortunately, I was in the middle of bedrest on his birthday, and couldn't get out to buy butter and sugar.  Besides that, he had a cold. So I told him to take a rain check. 

This past Saturday, though, I was in a cooking mood, and we had friends coming over to watch The Dark Knight (part of the on-going campaign to lessen my ridiculously long list of I-can't-believe-you-haven't-seen-that-have-you-been-under-a-rock movies).  So I took the opportunity to finally bake a chocolate cake.  It's more of a surprise two weeks late, right?

Just a note on the pictures: I was going for taste, not presentation...the candles are supposed to be in the shape of an m but you can't really tell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment