Hello from Mumbai!

Friday, January 18, 2013

Hello everyone!  After all the crazy, I actually made it to India, so the real crazy can begin.  All I've done so far is walk down the street from my hostel (comfortable bed--but then, anything is comfortable after the hard Chinese beds; cold showers) to the cyber cafe, but I like what I've seen so far.  The weather is amazing--70s and sunny right now.  Being warm is such a wonderful feeling after wearing five layers all the time in Beijing (and in Wuhan before that, too, for that matter). 

Actually, it was a little weird--I just wore jeans for the flight yesterday, without any other layer underneath--and it was pretty uncomfortable.  They felt scratchy.  I hadn't thought about it, but I've always had on either pajama pants or cuddle duds (long-underwear type things) under my jeans for weeks. 

Well, now I'm off to the train station to see about buying a ticket to go to Udaipur in a day or two; I bought a ticket online, but I was on a pretty long waitlist.  But, there might be more options at the station.  Then I'm going to go explore a bit, and hopefully find a Hard Rock to add to my cheesy, touristy mental collection. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment