Wahyu Homestay

Tuesday, February 04, 2014


Once I got off the boat on the beach of Nusa Lembongan, I asked for directions to a hotel listed in the Lonely Planet.  My usual source, hostelworld, had only one listing on the island, and apparently it was already full for the night, or the website just wasn't getting along with the wifi I had, or something like that.  Anyhow, there seemed to be plenty of places to stay, so I wasn't too worried.  And even if this one in the Lonely Planet was full, at least it should be in a convenient area, so I could just find a nearby one.


So much for that...I don't know how the Lonely Planet person found this place; they had to pass dozens of others on the way.  Anyhow, after a long slog half the length of the island in the middle of a hot afternoon (how I enjoyed the little bits of shade I found!), I did find the place, down a little dirt path running down to the beach.  Of course, it was already full, and it looked like they were doing some remodeling, anyhow.  There were two or three other places on the same little path, though, so I ducked into the next one I came to, the Wahyu Homestay.  They had a small pool, tiled in a brilliant blue and with a running fountain, and a shady restaurant area near the gate.  I asked to see a room, and was surprised at how cheap it was...100,000 Rp for a fan room, and 150,000 Rp for an air-con room.  As I was sweating profusely, I immediately opted for the air-con--50,000 Rp is only about a four dollar difference.  


I asked to see the room, and was led to one with a double door leading right out to the pool.  Inside it was clean and colorful.  I had found my spot on Nusa Lembongan.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment