Rebecca's Birthday

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Veronica, Radhia, Jackline, and Rebecca

There's a tradition here in Tanzania that people dump water on the birthday person.  I know I've mentioned it before, but I had another chance to witness it on Rebecca's birthday.  She was prepared: she packed a change of clothes and a towel before going up to the school, and her friends did not disappoint her.  I think the second set of clothes might have ended up rather damp as well.  Remind me to hide on my birthday...or at the very least to not carry my phone or any papers around! :)



Rebecca's birthday fell on Thanksgiving Day again this year (tends to happen occasionally with a late November birthday), but we stopped to sing and present her with her gifts before we left to celebrate Thanksgiving at the Duncans' house.  We were in a rush, as always, so she took the gifts with her in the car to open.  She absolutely loves Agatha Christie mysteries, so she was really happy that I'd found one she doesn't have!   She also took the opportunity, since it was her birthday and she could get away with it, to wear a long, flowy flowered dress.  One of her favorite presents was a pair of high heels; she's definitely the sister most into glamour these days. 

Tammy and I decided Lewis needed some quality time with his children since he's been working a lot lately.  Or at least that was our excuse to stick him in the back. :) 



0 comments:

Post a Comment