Racing the Rain on Sunday Afternoon

Sunday, February 21, 2021

On Sundays, I'm at the school early to teach the children's Bible class, and then I usually do some work around the library or with the students and leave around two or so.  On this day, it was already well after three and I was in a hurry to get out today as dark clouds gathered; I don't want to get caught out on a motorcycle in a downpour. The students were doing some work around the grounds, slashing some grass and such, after lunch, and I stopped to chat with them while waiting at the gate for my boda boda driver, who was running late.    


There are vines growing on the school gate with these beautiful orange flowers.  I need to learn what they are called. 



I made it home JUST in time--the rain was starting to fall as I hopped off the boda boda and unlocked my gate, and thirty seconds after I stepped inside the bottom dropped out.  I had told my driver he could wait with his motorcycle under the overhang at my gate if he wanted, but he had other work to get to.  There's no way he made it anywhere before the rain came, though.  Here's the view out of my living room window just a few minutes later: 


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment