Backroads of Monduli

Saturday, March 23, 2019


I needed to go do some work in the library today, a Saturday, but as I wasn't in a particular rush to get there, I took the chance to go on a long ramble going through the backroads and neighborhoods to get up to the main road.  I've got new areas of town to explore since moving into my new apartment, and it was a beautiful morning, although getting quite hot.


























Rainy season should have started by now, but it's still dry and dusty here.  You can even see a haze of dust out over the valley, and many people are running low on water.


 I wasn't sure exactly where I'd come out when I started walking, but I ended up coming up to the lower end of the Sunday market grounds (below), empty and seeming much bigger without any stalls or people on a Saturday.  The main road is up there in that line of trees.  I had hoped to come out further down and walk the rest of the way to school, but I was hot and had already taken a good bit of time, so I caught a boda boda (motorcyle taxi) up at the main road the rest of the way to the school.


0 comments:

Post a Comment