Elijah and the Ravens

Sunday, March 15, 2020


Another fun day in Sunday school!  Today, we talked about the story of Elijah being fed by the ravens at the Brook of Kerith from 1 Kings 17.  Elijah is one of my favorite Bible characters, so I'm really excited about the next few weeks.  (Edit: everything closed for the virus three days later, so this was the last class for a few months).  

The story itself is fairly short, so we had time for two activities today.  First, we had a little game of hide and seek to find Elijah, who was hiding.  (I had taped a picture I drew under a chair in the lobby of the administration building, where we meet, before class.) 


After that, we had a craft project (always popular).  We made paper ravens!  I had precut heads, bodies, feet, beaks, tails and eyes.  The kids traced their hands and cut them out for the wings, and then we just had to assemble and decorate them.  



I also had a coloring sheet for them to do, to keep anyone who finished early or who was waiting their turn for glue something to do. We didn't have electricity this morning, so I couldn't print or copy a coloring page, so I just drew a simple design and then drew it again ten more times.  (I know it looked like I was doodling during the sermon, but I can listen and draw at the same time, I promise!) 

Here are some of our masterpieces: 






0 comments:

Post a Comment