Afternoon at the School Before Opening

Wednesday, June 24, 2020


On Wednesday, I was up at the school finishing up all my projects in the library before the students come back on Sunday.  I was thinking that I take so many photos inside the library, but not many of the library from the outside, so above is a photo of the library door from outside.  

The grass has just been cut in preparation to open the school again; it needed it after letting it go for so long while we were closed!  Here's a photo looking up towards the dining hall.  Also, you can see the piece of old iron hanging from some pipes that we have used as our school bell up until now. There's a piece of metal rebar to bang it with.  But now we have the big new bell up, so we'll be ringing in style from now on!  I might miss the clatter of the old piece of iron, though...


In the afternoon, a few of the boys (one who graduated last year and two who are form 3 students now) came up to the school to say hi (and because they were really bored).  I let them take some selfies with my phone with the new bell tower and around the quad between the library and the classroom building. 


They talked me into coming out and joining them for a few.  




Here's one with the new baptistry behind him.  A tiled baptistry was built into the base of the bell tower; we all look forward to seeing who will be the first to use it! 

June 24th was also an important day for my family.  It would have been my grandfather's 83rd birthday, and it was our first without him.   As it later turned out, it was also the second to last time I ever spoke to my grandmother when I called her that night.  

 



0 comments:

Post a Comment