School Days

Monday, June 29, 2020


After three months of peace and quiet, it's nice to see the campus full of life and noise.  (I'll be missing the peace and quiet soon, I'm sure. :)  )  Classes are back in full swing, and life is back to almost-normal, with the addition of extra handwashing, some social distancing in the dining hall (not that it'll do much good, because there's not much way to socially distance in many other spaces), and anyone with a sniffle wearing a mask.  "Mask" in Swahili is "barakoa", which I just learned this week.  Makes me thing of barracudas every time... 


Esther and Denisa are heading for the computer lab...


I was having a study session in the library with some form 2 students, and someone picked up my phone and took I photo of me.  I made a weird face for the photo, which always makes them laugh.  


Cyrene, Abigael and Mary hanging out in the library as we wait for the rest of their small group to arrive for our study session.


Teacher Ilampa called an afternoon assembly to make some announcements to the kids.  Another beautiful day at Alpha Omega! 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment