Another Day Out in Monduli Town

Thursday, June 25, 2020

Several of you really enjoy seeing the photos around my town the other day, so here are a few more of my every day stops around town.  Above, my friend Upendo (which means love) has a laundry business that she started at the beginning of the year.  Since I don't have a washing machine, I take most of my laundry to her.  Most of the laundry businesses here in Monduli say "dry cleaner", but they don't really offer chemical dry cleaning, just normal laundry-doing.  


This photo, above, is of Meena's Hardware Store, on the main road through town.  I've been in there a few times to buy grass slashers (the kind of long machete like things people here use to weed-whack).  He sells all sorts of hardware items: nails, screws, tools, wheelbarrows, etc. 




(Above)  Looking up one of the side streets from the main road.  All the side streets are on a slope, as Monduli is on the side of the mountain, but towards the bottom before it gets steep. 

(Below)  This is Tumaini Shop, our biggest grocery store in town (just the left side, not the whole building).  I stop here often for the basics--bread, juice, milk, etc.  




























(Below)  This is the intersection next to Tumaini Shop.  Going straight takes you up to the bank, police station and hospital.  Turning left goes to the Farmer's Market.  Turning right goes to the bus stand.  If you go in the opposite direction, the road crosses the main road and goes downhill towards where I live.  



(Below)  In the late afternoon, I drove out to the school.  I'm not often going this direction at this time of day.  It's a beautiful sunny day! I had to watch out for goats, though, with the sun in my eyes. 
   

Here's the view from the school gate, looking both down the hill and up the hill.  It's getting really dusty now that it hasn't rained since the first week of May. 



In the evening, I was back in town and stopped by Upendo's laundry to pick up my clothes, so here's another side street of Monduli. I hope you have enjoyed seeing a little more of my town.  

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment