Rough Itinerary

Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Okay, so rough itinerary. 
1/7 flight to Kunming, the capital of Yunnan province in southwest China
1/8 Wander around Kunming, go out to the Bamboo Temple
1/9 Bus to Yuanyang rice terraces
1/10, 1/11 Yuanyang Rice Terraces
1/12 bus back to Kunming
1/13 bus to Lijiang, unless I can get a night bus the night before
1/14 Lijiang
1/15 Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (take cable car up)
1/16, 1/17, 1/18 Tiger Leaping
Gorge
1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1/22 depends...maybe up to Deqin in the mountains, or to Dali, depending on weather and recommendations along the way
1/23 back to Kunming from wherever, or another day meandering in Kunming if I come in on a night bus
1/24 Flight to Singapore
1/25, 1/26 Singapore.  There are many churches in Singapore, so I hope to visit one on Sunday.
1/27 flight to Yogakarta, Indonesia, on the island of Java
About a week and a half on Java, visiting Borobudur temple, Mount Bromo, around Yogya, etc.
Bus or train and ferry to Bali, the next island over
About a week goofing around Bali, probably based in the town of Obud. 
2/13 flight back to Wuhan
So, there you go.  The second half I haven't ironed out exactly, but I will plan as I go.   I made it to Kunming; I am on the shuttle bus from the airport into town now. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the new terminal building, which was one of the more interesting and colorful ones I've seen, but I couldn't dig my camera out of the depths of my bag fast enough. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment