Enchilada Night!

Thursday, May 16, 2019

As I have mentioned several times before in this blog, I moved into a new apartment in the middle of March.  I gave myself a few weeks to settle in and decorate before celebrating by hosting the crowd of Americans/Canadians here in Monduli for dinner and a time of singing.  We had a pretty good crowd--the Shorts, including Lewis's parents who are visiting, Beth and her family, Fielden and Janet Allison (who work at the school with us), and Ralph and Twyla Williams who live up in Monduli Juu.


Both Lewis and Tammy and Tizo and Beth came with extra folding chairs and folding tables since I don't have any dining room chairs yet, but I do have plenty of couch space.  I made chicken enchiladas as well as had the ingredients out for chicken tacos if anyone preferred.  Chicken enchiladas are one of my favorite things to make for a party, especially outside the US where we don't get Mexican food as much as we'd like.  Everything went pretty well; the only major mishap was when a glass casserole dish broke in the oven and we lost a couple of enchiladas just in case they had glass in them.  Fortunately, I also have a metal pan and had borrowed a second from Michela, so I was still able to have plenty of enchiladas ready when everyone arrived.  

It was nice to spend some time together over a meal, and I also enjoyed singing together after.  I enjoy hosting dinner parties; I hope I get the chance again sometime soon. 

Of course, the youngest and cutest are always at the center of attention. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment