My Road

Sunday, May 26, 2019


Well, the rainy season still isn't my favorite.  I know, I know, I'm being whiny.  At least it's convenient to know almost all the rain will be confined to certain times of the year.   I've tried explaining how weather usually works in climates with four seasons to my students, and they are rather amazed by the fact that it could just...rain...any time at all.  It could be sunny today and rainy tomorrow, or the temperature could change drastically, or all sorts of things.  Here, weather reports aren't much of a thing because the weather is pretty predictable.  In the dry season it will be dry (it rains just a little maybe once a month or so, sometimes), and in the rainy season, it's going to rain hard at some point during the day. 

It really wouldn't be so bad except for how difficult it makes it to get around.  I have mud boots, but even so, the mud is like walking on ice. My road is one big mudhole, and there aren't any sidewalks to get around it.  Cars slide, too.  I have managed not to actually fall in the mud yet, but I know it'll happen eventually!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment