One Last Gelato

Tuesday, September 04, 2018



It's not a proper day in Italy without getting gelato at least once. (We might have had it more than once some days...).  So, the last things the girls and I did before packing up to leave Milan was stop one last time.  My usual choice is one scoop of chocolate and one scoop of strawberry, but this particular shop's specialty is peach, so I tried that in place of the strawberry since I'd had it several times already.  It was wonderful of course.  Michela was adventurous and got lime and sedano.  Both of us were trying to remember what sedano means in Italian--it was familiar to us both but we couldn't place it.  I didn't get it looked up on my phone until she was tasting it.  Oh.  Sedano is...celery.  Fortunately, the lime flavor was very strong, but the celery was still there.  It was interesting (she let me try a bite).  And so the time has come to leave Italy.  I am so grateful to have had this chance to catch up with people I loved and to remember everything I loved about my life when I was here.  











0 comments:

Post a Comment