Monduli Market

Thursday, September 06, 2018


Like most towns in Tanzania, Monduli has an open air marketplace.  There is a large roofed structure for a vegetable market that is open every day, but on Thursdays and Sundays the market stretched out across the surrounding grounds, and includes not only vegetables but clothes, shoes, bags, and various household items.  My first trip was on my second day in Tanzania; there is an ATM at the corner where I was able to get some Tanzanian shillings, and then I walked around with Beth and her kids and the girls.  It was a quick stop today to get vegetables for the next few days.  Most of the sellers have their vegetables in little piles so that the shoppers can just buy them by the bundle easily without having to wait for weighing and such.  


I look forward to exploring more later.  I did get a few quick pictures; I hope to get better ones sometime soon (before I've been here long enough that I don't want to risk looking like a tourist by taking pictures at such an ordinary part of life here.  I took pictures with my phone, though, hopefully discreetly).  





0 comments:

Post a Comment