Return to Via Tesio

Tuesday, September 04, 2018




It’s weird to return to somewhere you used to live; so many things are exactly the same, and so many things have changed. Now, there’s a subway stop right across the street from my old apartment. That sure would have been convenient! Of course they didn’t get that done until after I moved away… It did make it easier to pop over and walk down my old street, though.

I had an attic apartment in the middle of three buildings within the gate of number 11; there was a small elevator up to the fourth floor, but only stair up to the fifth floor where I was. I took the stairs all the way up anyhow a lot of the time for exercise, but that last floor was a pain when carrying groceries. My studio apartment was nine square meters; it was one room with a kitchenette and fold out bed and a bathroom, along with a small balcony. A huge fir tree was just outside, so tall that I still wasn’t quite at the top. Despite its size, it was perfect for me at the time; I was only a year out of college and didn’t own much anyhow so one room was plenty.

Other than the subway stop, nothing’s changed at all on Via Tesio.





0 comments:

Post a Comment