Indecision: To the Tower!

Friday, August 22, 2014

At the end of Jalan Lee, I stopped at a 7-11 on the corner (those things seem to be everywhere in southeast Asia) to buy another cold peach tea and loiter in the air conditioning as long as possible.  They have a counter just for that purpose, where you can stand and eat.  I took another look through my Lonely Planet and a wikitravel article I'd saved to Pocket on my phone, trying to decide what my next destination should be.  Dark clouds were gathering, and a few sprinkles had hit my head as I came in, so I thought the best route would be to make for the National Museum for an indoor adventure.  With that in mind, I made my way around road construction and parked buses to the Paser Seni subway station--the bridge over the canal to the area of the museum and a large mosque was on the other side.  But as I walked, the dark clouds passed on over and gathered over a hill to the west of the city. The sun shone brightly through friendly puffy white clouds again.  I dithered in indecision a bit on a bench by the station; now it seemed a shame to go indoors on such a lovely (but still hot as...fill in your favorite cliche) afternoon.  I had planned to save going up in the Menara KL Tower until I returned to Kuala Lumpur at the end of the trip, but who knows if I would have good weather then?  What if I was really rushed when I got back?  The downside was that there was a barbecue party at the hostel at 7:30 that I had rather wanted to attend (I usually don't bother with such things, but after spending a week at home in my apartment I was kind of ready to socialize), and I probably wouldn't make it back if I went to the tower.  But the weather was perfect for seeing the city from above...so, I hopped on the monorail at Paser Seni and headed back downtown to the Golden Triangle area.  




0 comments:

Post a Comment