Rainy Travel Day

Monday, August 25, 2014

Moving on...after starting in Kuala Lumpur on Friday, I went down to Malacca, two hours south, on the coast not too far from Singapore for the weekend.  Now it's Monday morning and I'm back on the bus.
It was a bright and already-unbearably-hot-at-ten am sunny morning in Malacca, but we've been running through rain most of the way, although it's cloudy but dry now that we're coming into the outskirts of Kuala Lumpur. Oh, no, now it's raining again. Considering it's monsoon season, I've been very fortunate with how conveniently it's rained--so far only while I'm on a bus or in a restaurant.

From Kuala Lumpur, I'll get another bus up to the Cameron Highlands, in the mountains in the central part of the Malaysian peninsula.  I want to hike around the tea plantations and hopefully see a Rafflesia flower--the largest bloom in the world.   Its supposed to be cool up there, which will be a nice break from the crazy humidity down here.


0 comments:

Post a Comment