Chiang Mai

Thursday, August 15, 2013

I spent my first full day in Chiang Mai wandering around the central part of the city, looking in shops and seeing a few of the many wats.
Several were very nice, although after seeing the grandest ones in Bangkok they had lost their wow factor. 
I'll post a few pictures of the biggest and most popular wat in the next post.
I made my way out by the east gate of the old walls, and found a plethora of restaurants.  There was a brand new Burger King, with the nicest bathrooms I've ever seen in a fast food restaurant.  I finally stopped to eat at a Mexican restaurant.  Yes, Chiang Mai is filled to the gills with backpackers, and the locals have figured out what they want.  And, rather surprisingly, my chicken burrito was really good. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment