Oops.

Thursday, August 01, 2013

Well,I suppose it wouldn't be a true adventure if there were no surprises.  You'd think that as much as I've traveled I would know better...
I made a rookie mistake. I didn't realize that there are two airports in Bangkok. And I booked a flight into one and my second flight from the other three and a half hours later. And I had immigration to go through and had to get the boarding pass for the second flight...it could have been really bad.
Fortunately, a very helpful information desk girl caught my mistake. The shuttle bus didn't start running until five, but I could take a taxi. At three-something in the morning the traffic was practically nonexistent and so the taxi made it in only thirty minutes instead of the forty she predicted.
Also fortunately, I made a second rookie mistake that actually helped. I didn't realize that Bangkok is an hour different from Wuhan. So, even with the surprise taxi drive, I still arrived here at the gate with an hour to kill.
It also helps that I haven't slept at all, so I was too mellowed to feel any more than a token amount of stress over it.
By the way, I actually did take a less blurry picture of the gate, but I liked how this one caught that girl's pony tail in motion. Again, I have had no sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment